$1,599 per person ($800 non refundable deposit)
June 29 - July 4
July 20 - 26
Dates and pricing
Private transportation to and from Rome FCO airport or Venice VCE airport to the Hotel
6 nights accommodation with breakfast at the charming Hotel Taddeo & Federico, twin room or single bedroom (NO supplement for single)
4 Lunches and 6 Dinners
Wine tasting in Sant Angelo in Vado
Hand-crafted cheese and olive oil tasting at Beltrami
Private transportation on all excursions
Private trip to Urbino
Private trip to Mercatello sul Metauro + guide
Entrance to the Ducal Palace + Raphael's childhood home with a Private Guide
Entrance to The Church of the Dead
Private trip along the Metauro river to visit its natural lagoons
Entrance to Roman villa +museum
Exclusive week with International Sommelier and local expert Piero Pagliardini, plus suggestions and translation services.
· In our commitment to making your traveling experience to Le Marche as easy and convenient as possible, your host, Piero Pagliardini, will meet you at the airport (*see time stipulations) and escort you to Hotel Taddeo e Federico in the heart of the beautiful village, Sant’Angelo in Vado.
· Take time to settle in, unpack and explore the village before meeting up with the group. Our host and native Marchigiano, Piero, will welcome you over drinks in the town square and give an overview of the week to come. Then pizza night! Enjoy the best pizza in town in an authentic Italian pizzeria. End the night with a stroll, a nightcap, and a good night’s sleep.
· Enjoy a local breakfast at the hotel of cappuccino and fresh pastries.
· Explore village life, including a visit to the Roman Villa, “Domus of Myths” and the “Museo dei Mestieri.”
· Regional lunch at the hotel restaurant followed by time to relax.
· That afternoon we will venture into Italy’s unique countryside. Scenes will include rolling landscapes, remnants of the historical village Castello della Pieve, and conclude in a walk through the Metauro River itself. Trek through blue lagoons and navigate miniature waterfalls as you get your feet wet and learn the history of the area. Bring your swimsuit and water shoes! Traditional Italian merenda to follow in a truly off-the-beaten-path location!
· Breakfast at the hotel, and then off to stroll through the traveling open-air market! From clothing to coffee cups, you can find the perfect gifts to take home, all while sampling savory olives, freshly shaved prosciutto and roasted chestnuts.
· Lunch at the Enoteca, located in the heart of the market, featuring fried fish, salami, cheese and prosecco (*non-fish items available)!
· That afternoon we will drive through the Le Marche countryside for a trip to Cartoceto, a village famous for the best and only DOP olive oil imported from Le Marche. We'll visit the inimitable Vittorio Beltrami and his famous Gastonomia. Lydia Bastianich has called Beltrami "The Einstein of Cheese," and not just because he looks like Albert Einstein but because he is a genius cheese maker. His pecorino di fossa - a sheep’s milk cheese wrapped in grape leaves and buried under stone for 90 days is indescribably intense, earthy and like nothing you have ever tasted. From the cheese cellar, we'll walk over to his shop where the family Beltrami will prepare us an in-depth sampling of cheeses, cured meats, and breads, along with wine pairings and house made sweets.
· Morning outing to Mercatello sul Metauro, the 13th century village to the east.
· Authentic lunch at Castello della Pieve, the characteristic medieval castle set 550 meters above sea level in the municipal area of Mercatello sul Metauro. In 1301 Dante Alighieri’s exile was decreed from this tiny village.
· Return to Sant’Angelo in Vado for a private tasting of some of the finest examples of Marchigiano wines. These range from biodynamic reds such as Pergola Rosso and Sangiovese dei Colli Pesaresi, to the (white) Bianchello del Metauro, named after the river that winds through Le Marche. We'll also drink the only smoked passito in the world!
· Continue the tastings over dinner at the local Osteria.
· Pastries (or le paste) and cappuccino at the hotel.
· Outing to the neighboring village of Urbania, acclaimed for its ceramic boutiques. Shop, socialize and explore the ceramic studios. Then join Piero for a visit to the mysterious Church of the Dead.
· Another delicious regional lunch will be provided.
· Return to Sant’Angelo in Vado and take the afternoon to relax.
· Meet back at the hotel to experience “Shopping di Sera,” an evening festival with music, pop-up-stands and dinner tables set up to dine in the streets!
· Free morning to buy souvenirs, gifts and truffle-inspired goodies to stash in your suitcase.
· Lunch on your own. Piero will be there to make recommendations.
· That afternoon Piero will pick you up to go to Urbino. We will meet Paolo, who is an art historian with a deep and passionate knowledge of all things Ducale. We’ll see the frescos, frieze work, important paintings and architecture of the high Renaissance at the spectacular Palazzo Ducale. In a loose yet structured manner, we’ll wander the main squares and winding medieval pathways and pay a visit to Raphael’s childhood home.
· Dinner at our favorite restaurant followed by gelato in the square.
· Departures (*Please arrange departures for after 4:00 pm.).
· -Pick-ups at Rome FCO airport or Venice VCE airport Station will be offered between 12:00-3:00 p.m.
· Departures at FCO Rome airport or VCE Venice airport will be offered from 2:00 pm onward. In order to arrive for your flight with ample time, we recommend scheduling departing flights after 4:00 p.m.
· Pick-up and Departures from other locations, or at times outside these parameters can be arranged at an additional fee.