$2,499 per person ($800 non refundable deposit)
October 29 - November 4
Dates and pricing
Private transportation to and from Rome FCO airport or Venice VCE airport to the Hotel
6 night accommodation with breakfast at the charming Hotel Taddeo & Federico, twin room or single bedroom (NO supplement for single)
3 Lunches and 6 Dinners
Wine tasting in Sant’Angelo in Vado
Hand-crafted cheese and olive oil tasting at Beltrami
Authentic multi-course lunch at Castello della Pieve
Truffle hunt with local guide and truffle dog
Private transportation on all excursions
Private trip to Urbino
Private trip to Mercatello sul Metauro + guide
Entrance to the Ducal Palace + Raphael's childhood home with a Private Guide
Entrance to The Church of the Dead
Entrance to Roman villa +museum
5 professionally edited digital photos
Exclusive week with International Sommelier and local expert Piero Pagliardini, plus suggestions and translation services.
· In our commitment to making your traveling experience to Le Marche as easy and convenient as possible, your host, Piero Pagliardini, will meet you at the airport (*see time stipulations) and escort you to Hotel Taddeo e Federico in the heart of the beautiful village, Sant’Angelo in Vado.
· Take time to settle in, unpack, and explore the village before meeting for an introduction and overview of the week. The hotel is within walking distance of shops, markets, restaurants, and village life unspoiled by time.
· Piero will welcome you with drinks in the town square and give an overview of the week to come. Then pizza night! Enjoy the best pizza in town at an authentic Italian pizzeria.
· End the night with a stroll through the village, a nightcap, and a good night’s sleep.
· Pastries (or le paste) and cappuccino at your hotel.
· Morning outing to Mercatello sul Metauro. An expert guide will lead us on a light walking tour revealing all the hidden treasures of this charming village.
· Break for an authentic lunch at Castello della Pieve, a medieval castle in the municipal area of Mercatello sul Metauro. In 1301 Dante Alighieri’s exile was decreed from this tiny hilltop town.
· Return to Sant’Angelo in Vado.
· Free time to relax and explore on your own.
· Late afternoon we will visit a local winery for a private tasting of some of the finest examples of Marchigiano wines. These will range from biodynamic reds such as Pergola Rosso and Sangiovese dei Colli Pesaresi, to the (white) Bianchello del Metauro, named after the river that winds through Le Marche. We'll also drink the only smoked passito in the world!
· Group dinner to follow.
· Breakfast at your hotel.
· Morning Outing to neighboring village of Urbania where you can peruse the travelling open-air market and acclaimed ceramic boutiques. Shop, socialize and taste everything in sight! A light lunch (aka only two-courses) will be provided.
· That afternoon we will drive through the Le Marche countryside for a trip to Cartoceto, a village famous for the best and only DOP olive oil exported from Le Marche. We'll visit the inimitable Vittorio Beltrami and his famous Gastonomia. Lydia Bastianich has called Beltrami "The Einstein of Cheese," and not just because he looks like Albert Einstein but because he is a genius cheese maker. His pecorino di fossa - a sheep’s milk cheese wrapped in grape leaves and buried under stone for 90 days is indescribably intense, earthy and like nothing you have ever tasted. From the cheese cellar, we'll walk over to his shop where the family Beltrami will prepare us an in-depth sampling of cheeses, cured meats, and breads, along with wine pairings and house made sweets.
· Breakfast at the hotel.
· Load up in our private transportation for a comfortable ride to Urbino. We will meet Paolo, who is an art historian with a deep and passionate knowledge of all things Ducale. We’ll see the frescos, frieze work, important paintings and architecture of the high Renaissance at the spectacular Palazzo Ducale. In a loose yet structured manner, we’ll wander the main squares and winding medieval pathways and pay a visit to Raphael’s childhood home.
· Lunch at our favorite restaurant followed by gelato in the square.
· Return to the hotel for free time to explore village life, including a visit to the Roman Villa, “Domus of Myths” and the “Museo dei Mestieri.”
· Dinner on your own. Piero will be available to give suggestions and assistance.
· Enjoy a local breakfast at the hotel (have you tried the chocolate pastries yet?)
· Early Morning Outing TRUFFLE HUNT with a professional local guide. Our seasoned truffle hunter, along with his dog, will lead us on an autumn walk through the forest in search of truffles. Mud boots will be provided. If hiking isn’t your thing, spend the morning shopping, relaxing in a café and exploring local treasures in the village.
· Time to wash up and then head into town for the opening of the National White Truffle Festival! Once a year, the town airs out its old wine cellars and turns these secret rooms into re-purposed wine bars. Float from one wine cellar, or cantina, to the next, enjoying the variety of local and national wines paired with savory truffle-based delicacies.
· Lunch at a delicious Osteria.
· Free afternoon to explore and enjoy the festivities.
· Meet back up for a truffle-themed group dinner in a cantina.
· Breakfast at the hotel.
· Morning outing to the White Truffle Festival. Revel in the town’s festivities which range from street artists, to market booths, to live music. Buy roasted chestnuts on the corner, or crostini with liver pate and truffle shavings from the local butcher.
· Stock up on souvenirs, gifts and truffle inspired goodies to stash in your suitcase!
· A professional photographer will come to provide a short photo shoot. Each person will receive 5 professionally edited, digital photos to remember your Italian experience.
· Meet that evening for a farewell dinner in one of the oldest cantinas in the village where we will raise a glass (or two, or three!) to a week in Le Marche. Cin-cin, cheers, and a warm salute until next year!
· Departures (*Please arrange departures for after 4:00 pm.).
· Pick-ups at Rome FCO airport or Venice VCE airport Station will be offered between 12:00-3:00 p.m.
· Departures at FCO Rome airport or VCE Venice airport will be offered from 2:00 pm onward. In order to arrive for your flight with ample time, we recommend scheduling departing flights after 4:00 p.m.
· Pick-up and Departures from other locations, or at times outside these parameters can be arranged at an additional fee.